This naturally gluten free Warm Cranberry Dip is a seasonal favourite of mine. It’s simple yet the taste is greater than the sum of its’ parts. Toasted almonds add crunch, green onions seem to pop and feta boosts the cheesiness of this dip.
In the fall I put cans of cranberry sauce in my pantry so I’m ready when I need an appetizer. The cranberry gives this dip a pretty pink hue and all together it’s a dynamite fall starter.
Create a gorgeous fall presentation by serving an array of colourful bell peppers and this dip is a winner.
A Seasonal Strategy for Fall
Whether you use fresh, dried or canned cranberry fall is the time of year cranberries are harvested. So try them all, alone or in combination with other fall produce, to enjoy the best of the season. By the time winter sets in I hope to have made many of my favourite cranberry dishes.
Cranberry sauce keeps in the fridge for a few weeks but don’t let it get lost back there. Use it up in this easy weeknight dish Cranberry Orange Chicken. The recipe is included in my list of favourite cranberry recipes below.
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase using these links your cost is the same, but I receive a few cents for every dollar spent. I appreciate your support for this website.
Get The Tools – Organize For Success
Dips are most often served in a large low dish ideal for dipping. For anyone on a gluten free diet dips attract crackers so that’s high risk for cross contamination. To avoid this a great solution is to provide individual portions served in a small Mason jar or ramekin.
They’re oven and microwave safe and can be used for anything from salad to dessert. I think a 1-cup size dish filled half way is a generous portion yet leaves enough room for dipping.
- Sets of oven safe ceramic baking dishes often have a small size that works for serving a dip.
- Wide-mouth 1-cup size Mason jars
- Ramekins come in lots of shapes, sizes and colours. I like the ½ cup (8-oz) size ceramic ramekins but you should buy what you like.
If you love Mason jars check out this blog post I called Organize For Success with Mason Jars.
Let me know in the comments below if you made this dip and if it was a hit.
More Cranberry Recipes
Click on the text on the image(s) to go to the recipe/blog post.
originally posted November 2015
Warm Cranberry Dip
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature (250 g)
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat Miracle Whip and cream cheese together in an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Transfer to an oven proof serving dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. Serve warm with gluten free crackers and sliced raw vegetables.