Nothing says summer like homemade ice cream and this no-cook, naturally gluten free strawberry cheesecake ice cream is easy and delicious.
When you make ice cream from scratch you know what all the ingredients are (no additives or preservatives), just creamy deliciousness with every bite.
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase using these links your cost is the same, but I receive a few cents for every dollar spent. I appreciate your support for this website.
Homemade ice cream is a wonderful treat any time of year so if you don’t have an ice cream machine you might want to consider buying one. A hand crank ice cream maker, like a Donvier, is fairly inexpensive and simple to use. It takes just fifteen minutes to freeze your mixture into a luscious, creamy delightful treat. I’ve had mine for more than twenty years.
Organize for Success
I store the metal insert of my ice cream maker in the freezer year round. When I decide I want to make homemade ice cream it’s ready. Some homemade ice cream recipes use a cooked custard base. That involves standing over a store so may not be your idea of fun in July. In the summer I prefer ice cream that dose not require cooking.
Homemade ice cream can be a fun way to involve guests in making dessert, ideal for a family barbecue or an outdoor meal by the lake. I like to prepare the mixture early in the day then have someone crank the ice cream as soon as they arrive. The ice cream then goes into the freezer until it is time to serve dessert.
Everyday to Gourmet – Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Fresh, homemade ice cream in a little dish is nice. But if you need dessert for a special occasion here are some ideas to dress it up:
- -topped with thinly sliced strawberries, perhaps a splash of Grand Marnier, served in wine goblets,
- -made into an ice cream sundae layered with fresh fruit, chocolate sauce or any sundae toppings you can imagine,
- -spread between two gluten free chocolate cookies for an ice cream sandwich, casual but a step up,
- -layered between a basic gluten free brownie to make ice cream brownie cake, square or round.
I look forward to sharing a more gourmet presentation for ice cream but today, as with every day in summer, plain old homemade ice cream is perfect. If it’s Canada Day be sure to add the little Canadian flag.
More Ice Cream Recipes
|425 g frozen strawberries in light syrup, thawed|
|250 g cream cheese, room temperature|
|3/4 cup white sugar|
|1 cup milk|
|1 Tbsp lemon juice|
|pinch of salt|
|1/2 cup whipping cream|
- In a food processor puree strawberries, cream cheese, sugar, milk, lemon juice and salt.
- Pour pureed mixture and whipping cream into the frozen insert of an ice cream maker. Stir according to the directions of your ice cream maker, 15-20 minutes for a Donvier ice cream machine.
- Serve immediately for soft ice cream or leave in the freezer for several hours for a more firm ice cream. Serve as is or topped with sliced fresh strawberries.