Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Brownies is a summer variation of my favourite Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie recipe. I love varying a recipe to suit the season or the occasion and that’s what I did here. When the raspberry bushes in my garden are loaded with berries I start thinking of all my raspberry recipes and new ways to use them. I already had some raspberries in the freezer and a jar of my once-a-year raspberry sauce in the fridge.
That’s when I got this text from my son; “it would be great if u could bring those rasp brownies.”
Travelling Cheesecake Brownies
Everyone who eats gluten free wants to know about food that travels well. Put brownies on that list! I’ve taken all my different brownies to events with friends and colleagues over the years. Everyone loves brownies, they can be made in advance and are easy to put on a tray and create a nice presentation.
For my road trip to Victoria, BC I kept the brownies uncut in the pan they were baked in, well wrapped with tin foil and put them on ice in my cooler. With a knife and my gluten free cutting board in the top of my cooler I was set.
PIN Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Brownies for later…
Single Flour Recipes
People often ask for ‘single flour recipes’ and of course there are many to be found. Yet gluten free bakers know the topic can get complicated quickly when you start talking starches and flours, store bought mixes and gluten free flour blends.
This brownie recipe is a real single flour recipe. It’s made with quinoa flour and no extra starch or binder. This is the kind of recipe anyone can make so share it with friends and family for their own use. Tell them that they can bake delicious gluten free food even if no one needs it to be gluten free.
Bake With A Friend
If you haven’t done this yet try baking with a friend. This is a good recipe and a great idea for anyone new to gluten free, anyone frustrated with friends and family who don’t get it. It’s up to you to create a fun baking session so set a date and buy some quinoa flour. You can bake at home but baking in another kitchen shows people it’s not that hard. Take your own baking pan and the flour and any other tools you need to be confident you’ll have brownies that are safe to eat. In this recipe there’s nothing to learn about gluten free baking but the swirling technique is fun to do. If you each make a whole recipe then you’ll be able to enjoy your brownies and share them too.
You can see in the Pinterest photo that I made two variations. In one recipe I skipped the chocolate cheesecake part and simply made the raspberry swirl on top. For the other pan I did the usual chocolate cheesecake swirl but added the raspberry syrup before I created the swirls. You make yours however you like.
Get The Tools for Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Brownies
My two 8-inch baking pans get a lot of use in my kitchen and that’s what I need to make a double recipe. It’s hardly any extra work so always seems worth the effort to me. Here are the tools I use for brownie baking. Buy decent quality and your tools will last decades.
- A pair of 8-inch square baking pans
- Sturdy cutting board
- Large chef’s knife
- A roll of parchment paper or parchment sheets
Here’s a baking challenge for anyone who’s needs it. Make brownies this month! I guarantee you won’t have trouble finding people to help you eat them and you might just find a new favourite recipe.
Let me know in the comments below if you made one of these brownie recipes.
More Brownie Recipes
Click on the (hard to read) text on the image to go to the recipe/blog post.
|1½ cups chocolate chips|
|½ cup butter|
|⅓ cup sugar|
|½ tsp vanilla extract|
|½ cup quinoa flour|
|8 oz cream cheese, room temperature|
|½ tsp vanilla extract|
|¼ cup sugar|
|1 Tbsp milk|
|2 Tbsp quinoa flour|
|CHOCOLATE SWIRL - ¼ cup chocolate chips|
|RASPBERRY SWIRL – 2-4 Tbsp raspberry sauce|
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- BROWNIE BASE
- In a small pan melt the chocolate and butter until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl beat sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add melted chocolate and mix well.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly. Pour into the prepared pan.
- CHEESECAKE TOPPING
- In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and egg.
- Blend in milk and flour.
- If making chocolate swirls reserve half the cheesecake mixture in another bowl and set aside.
- Carefully pour the cheesecake mixture onto the brownie base to cover completely.
- CHOCOLATE SWIRL - Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds if needed until chocolate is smooth. Set aside.
- Mix the melted chocolate chips into the reserved cheesecake mixture and stir until combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of chocolate cheesecake mixture all over white cheesecake topping.
- RASPBERRY SWIRL – Drop spoonfuls of raspberry sauce all over the white cheesecake topping.
- MAKING SWIRLS - Using a knife draw circles through the chocolate cheesecake and raspberry toppings. Have fun creating swirls right to the edges of the pan being careful not to disturb the brownie layer.
- Bake in oven 30-35 minutes, until the middle springs back when gently touched in the center with a finger. Cool completely and chill overnight before cutting.