The holidays are all about new and old traditions, family favourites and foods we love. These gluten free Holiday Baking recipes are all memorable ones I've remade without wheat flour. Shortbread and gingerbread were two of the first cookies I remade but I've got bars, treats, sauces and more to keep working on.
It takes time to recreate your family favourites gluten free and there will be some disappointment along the way. I guarantee that with a learning mindset you will soon be baking food everyone wants to eat.
These recipes are not all baked but everything comes from the kitchen and they're all perfect for the holiday season.
Understanding How To Use Gluten Free Flour
When you're new gluten free, the flour is a BIG topic. I've got enough resources to keep you busy for the whole season so accept that learning takes time. Here are a few tips to get started.
- Look for recipes that don't use flour like meringue cookies (use this pavlova recipe), uncooked dainties, white chocolate candy cane popcorn and similar favourites you can probably think of.
- Try some store bought mixes and read what flours are included in the mix. You might not like them all but that's the beginning of figuring it all out.
- This cake recipe is made with cooked quinoa (no flour) and makes a beautiful layer cake or cupcakes that can be decorated for the holiday.
- Come to my virtual cooking class, Understanding How To Use Gluten Free Flour. If you subscribe to my list and tell me you read about it here you can attend for free.
- Join our community and download this free resource, 29 Tips for Cooking with Gluten Free Flour.
Gluten Free Holiday Cookies
To recreate my favourite gingerbread recipe I had to find a new flour blend. It has almond flour and brown rice flour and finally made the crisp kind of cookies I was looking for.
No Bake Holiday Treats
No-bake recipes have a lot of appeal for their ease and high probability of success. They're perfect for young children, people who don't like to bake and anyone new to gluten free.
Edible Gifts From The Kitchen
Spectacular Desserts for a Holiday Buffet
I think it's always worth the effort to make dessert with a spectacular presentation. That doesn't mean I do it often, I just think it's worth it once in awhile.
Holiday Gift Ideas for a Gluten Free Kitchen
Foodies incorporate food into everything! My friends and I love to give something edible with every gift we give, even with recycled gifts. In these two posts I give you lots of gift ideas for gluten free cooks and kitchens.
In the spirit of giving (and receiving) you'll find gift ideas in these two posts plus my favourite resource here.
- My top book pick for learning to bake gluten free comes from America’s Test Kitchen. The two original volumes, The How Can It Be Gluten Free Cookbook and Volume 2 The How Can It Be Gluten Free Cookbook are filled with a lifetime of advice to get you baking with confidence. The third book is a compilation of the first two, How Can It Be Gluten Free Collection; 350 Groundbreaking Recipes For All Your Favourites.
I'd love to hear in the comments below your biggest challenge or your biggest success with gluten free holiday baking recipes.
New here? Join our community and get your FREE resource, the tips I wish I knew when I started cooking gluten free.
Yes, I need 29 Tips For Cooking with Gluten Free Flour.
Still haven't mastered gluten-free cooking? Check out our online Cooking Classes.